Yoga works on many levels. It helps build awareness and develop strength, stability, co-ordination and flexibility. Yoga Classes are non-competitive and provide a safe environment to open up and develop skills that can be used in every day life.
Children love the movement and the creative self-expression they find in the postures as much as they enjoy the opportunity to relax and let go at the end of each class.
The healthy and fun moments shared would be reason enough for us to teach yoga, but the benefits go much further.
Benefits of yoga for Kids & Young Adults
- Balance, stability ‘and safety.
- Coordination and rhythm.
- Concentration, discipline and attention.
- Awareness & Expression.
- A healthy & toned body.
- Flexibility and strength.
- Internal Health.
- Creativity and Inspiration.
- Empowerment and increased self-esteem.
- Mental health, positive thinking and being.
- Relaxation & Stress Relief.
- Energy and contentment.
- Cooperation & Compassion.
- Emotional and creative intelligence.
- Tranquility and emotional stability.
Our yoga program for kids translates ancient practice of yoga to a language that children understand and enjoy. By using interactive games and animated postures, children will build body awareness, improve concentration and focus, and learn how to release energy and relax.
A regular yoga practice will help your child to become stronger, increase flexibility and coordination, build confidence and self-esteem, and develop self-control. It will also lay the foundation for a lifetime of health and well-being.
This class is the perfect outlet for tuning in and unwinding after a busy day of school. Teens will learn challenging postures and a more flowing type of yoga that will help them calm their minds and strengthen their bodies. Partner poses and group games encourage to make new friends and sense a feeling of community. We work on building self-confidence and self-awareness, creating emotional balance, and promoting a healthy mind body lifestyle. A great class for gaining tools to help deal with stressful situations and everyday life.
YOGA AT SCHOOL
Yoga is a wonderful outlet for children to counter pressures, to release stress and pay attention to how they feel. Yoga allows children to redirect their energy in a positive way by using fun and child-friendly techniques that help them to calm their minds and bodies. When kids release their stresses, they have less to distract them and more energy to focus and learn.
We’ll show you great yoga poses, games, breathing and visualization techniques to weave into a busy school day. Students can practice these poses at their desks, sitting and standing, as well when your class has some open space to really bend and stretch.
Our goal is to improve the physical fitness and cognitive, social and emotional skills of school students by providing regular instruction in yoga and meditation, as well as classes for teachers to learn ways to incorporate simple yogic technique and mindfulness training into their teaching.
Yoga helps students to:
- Build focus and concentration
- Reduce test taking anxiety and enhance performance
- Release fidgety, disruptive energy
- Feel successful by addressing multiple learning styles
- Soothe themselves in moments of conflict
- Alleviate physical tension and stress
- Gain body awareness and a feeling of well-being
- Increase strength and flexibility
- Build confidence and self-esteem, as well as self-control
- Love One’s Self, Inside and Out
Our teachers have experience working with various types of physical, emotional and learning related challenges. Please don’t hesitate to reach out with your specific concerns and questions. Yoga helps children of all ages feel great, stay healthy and connect with their tremendous capacity for joy.